The New Investment Policy is already working…
- Attracting long-term and sustainable investment that creates local jobs and other local value-added to the economy of the the Turks & Caicos Islands.
- Pro-actively drawing appropriate and sustainable investment that stimulates the economies of the lesser-developed family islands.
- Pro-actively drawing investment to the country that supports economic activity outside of tourism.
- Attracting investment tot he Turks & Caicos Islands that creates new industries and otherwise meets the broader development priorities of the country.
- Operating a regulated system of investment incentives which is clear, transparent and relatively easy to operate, including monitoring for compliance.
- Continuing to reduce the cost of doing business and improving the regulatory and other environments for all investment in the Turks & Caicos Islands
Establishing a Business in the Turks & Caicos
The TCIG welcomes foreign investors who wish to establish a business in the Turks & Caicos. All foreign or permanent residents seeking to do business in the Turks & Caicos must submit a Project Proposal to the Investment Unit (IU).
1. Submit a Project Proposal, along with supporting documents to the Investment Unit (IU).
2. The IU will process the application and submit the same to the various departments for perusal and input.
3. Depending on the nature of the proposed business activity, the relevant Government Ministry or deparment would be consulted for input.
- Environmental Department
- Planning Department
- Labour and Immigration
- Lands Department
- Business Licence
4. Once a determination has been made, the IU will communicate to the applicant in writing.
5. Once approval is obtained, the IU also coordinates with other Government departments and facilitates the implementation of projects.
- Copies of Passport
- Bank reference
- Character reference
- Police record
- Copy of application fro Crown Land (if applicable)
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Proof of financial capability
Turn Around Time:
A determination is communicated within 60 days following the submission of a completed Project Proposal.
There is no deadline
There are no fees associated with this service
For more information please contact
The TCIG Investment Unit
Chamber Of Commerce Islands